- SQM 450
Enjoy a luxurious family holiday in this stylish Catalan farmhouse. It has been completely rebuilt as a sustainable modern eco-villa, by a renowned Barcelona architect. The main house sleeps 8 in 4 double bedrooms. The separate annex house sleeps 2, with a private bathroom and kitchen/studio overlooking the forest. (Annex rental costs 20% extra.)
- Beautiful and peaceful location on hilltop
- Large swimming pool with panoramic views
- Peace and beauty all around
- Girona 20 mins, beaches 25 mins, Barcelona 75 mins
- Daily maid service Mon-Sat included
This exclusive restoration oozes quality and style. The beautiful open kitchen has top-end equipment and a very large island. The bathrooms are fitted with exquisite Bisazza tiles. Outside, there are fabulous mediterranean gardens, an incredible infinity pool and miles of space all around. The cool, modern interiors with vivid textiles combine beautifully with classic mid-century furniture.
Fabulous beds for a wonderful night's sleep
Good beds are really important! The beds throughout the house are top of the range. There is a Coco-Mat "Emperor" size bed (2m wide!) in the master suite and high quality new latex mattresses on all other double beds. The double bed in the annex is a Japanese futon mattress on a beech wood frame. Summers here are hot and you will appreciate the cool, pleasant temperatures inside the house, especially in the bedrooms at night (cooled floors are much nicer than air conditioning!)
The maximum we can accommodate is 10. The main house sleeps 8 people in 4 bedrooms. The annex sleeps 2. The main house and annex are separated by a small private courtyard and we don't rent the annex house out separately when the main house is occupied.
- Master bedroom, sleeps 2, huge Coco-mat bed (2m x 2m), en suite bathroom with 2 showers, 2 basins, wc, bidet, bath and outside shower.
- Bedroom 2, sleeps 2, twin beds, disabled access, bathroom with shower, wc, basin.
- Bedroom 3, sleeps 2, double bed, shared bathroom with bedroom 4 (shower, wc, 2 basins).
- Bedroom 4, same as bedroom 2.
All bedrooms have nice big windows with shutters and walk-out access to the garden. Bedroom 3 has anti-allergy duvet and pillows.
- Double futon bed, sleeps 2, en suite bathroom with shower/wc/basin.
- The annex costs 20% extra rental
There is disabled access to bedroom 2 and to most parts of the house and garden.
Large swimming pool
The pool is for the private, exclusive use of the guests at Villa CP. The water comes from a natural well on the estate. The crystal clear water of the swimming area is separated by a low wall from the adjacent plant zone with water lilies and reeds. The house is ideal for families although it is important to note that very small children who can't swim must be carefully supervised at all times because the pool is not protected by a fence.
The nearest shops, banks and a farmers' market are 10 mins by car.
The Gavarres natural park is a mixed forest of cork and pine that has been here for thousands of years. The house looks out to the sea over a beautiful green landscape that stretches for miles and miles. The house has its own garden and also 25 hectares (60 acres) of private forest for you to explore. Walk or cycle along shaded paths and you're unlikely to come across anyone else for hours. And beyond, there are literally thousands of hectares of the Gavarres, guaranteeing fresh air, scented warm evenings and lots of peace and quiet.
You can eat outside in a shaded barbecue area next to the pool. The gardens are well maintained with mediterranean planting and fruit trees, lots of places to sit in the shade or sunbathe by the pool, plus plenty of hammocks to sling between the trees in your favourite spot and siesta.
There's a huge trampoline, full size table tennis, full size table football (futbolín), mountain bikes and of course the large swimming pool. In the unlikely event of a rainy afternoon there are also board games, chess, etc, as well as a DVD collection for both kids and adults.
Instead of plaster the interior walls are covered with natural clay, which is better for people with dust allergies. (It's also rather beautiful!) And one of the double beds has hypo-allergenic duvet and pillows, too.
Sustainability is central to the house's design, from the natural swimming pool to the reed beds that recycle water for garden irrigation. An intelligent geothermal system cools the floors in the summer and heats them in the winter. The house uses clever orientation and shading, plus cross-ventilation and natural cork insulation (from locally farmed cork oak trees) to reduce the need for artificial cooling.
You need a car. There is free parking on the property. For cycling, walking and jogging, there are hundreds of paths to discover in the surrounding forest, where you are free to explore.
There are mountain bikes you can rent during your stay.
Walking and hiking
The area is popular with walkers and hikers. The natural park has many footpaths and in the house you will find maps with recommended routes. There are 100s of walking routes all over the forest. Just take your picnic and head into the hills!
Forest bathing (Shinrin-Yoku)
A walk in this ancient and peaceful forest is a wonderful experience. Just walk out of the gate and let your feet decide where they take you, uphill or down, in shade or sunshine. Breathe deeply, focus on what you can see, hear, smell. Touch the trees and wild plants to feel their different textures. By combining mindfulness and spending time in nature, you will feel your stress disappear and return to Villa CP feeling refreshed, happy and calm.
Beaches and other attractions
- The Costa Brava's charming beaches are 25 mins away.
- Or drive 20 mins by car to Girona, a stylish medieval city with fabulous restaurants, shops, bars and cafe terraces. (Fans of the tv series 'Games of Thrones' will recognise the cathedral and other locations that were shot in the old quarter of Girona.)
- Barcelona is also just over an hour's drive away, with its cultural attractions, restaurants, nightlife, museums, etc
- Perpignan is an attractive French market town, 90 mins.
- Vic, another medieval town with a very old university, is 1 hour away and the road (c25) is breath-taking.
- The Pyrenees are an hour away.
- There are tons of lovely old villages in the area with little cafes and restaurants.
- We have created a Google map of the best restaurants in the whole region that you can see on your mobile phone, make reservations, get driving directions, etc.
- More information on our blog at Catalanvilla.com
We respect our guests' privacy and we will leave you in peace to enjoy the house. But of course we are also available by phone or SMS for any questions you have.
LICENCE NUMBER HUTG-022369
3 Bathroom, 4 Bedroom, 1 Dining-Room, 1 Kitchen, 1 Living room, 1 Playroom, 3 Toilet, 1 Workroom
Sleeping2 Baby crib, Bed linen, 1 King bed, 2 Queen bed, 2 Single bed
CookingBlender, Child's high chair, Coffee machine, Cooking utensils, Dishwasher, Grill, Kitchenette, Kitchen stove, Microwave, Oven, Refrigerator, Spices, Toaster, Water purifier
Heating/CoolingAir conditioning, Fireplace, Floor heating
OutsidePrivate Balcony, Private Terrace
EntertainmentComputer, DVD-Player, Wireless Broadband Internet, Piano, Stereo system, TV (Satellite)
SanitaryBidet, Hair dryer, Essentials, Shower, Towel-set, Washbasin
LaundryClothes dryer, Bathroom & Laundry, Iron & Board, Washing machine
MiscellaneousBuzzer, Fire Extinguisher, First aid kit, Security system, Smoke Detector, Vacuum cleaner
Spa & GymFoosball, Ping-Pong-Table, Unheated Outdoor swimming pool
OutsideCharcoal grill BBQ, Deck chairs, Bicycles, Private Garden